Friday, May 31, 2013

Magazine Reflection

This may be my favorite finished piece I've done. Somehow, over the year, I've come to really enjoy shading. I love the look of this project and I loved all of the values that were in the picture. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I had originally imagined it would be and I even worked on it in my spare time. The hardest part was probably shading the background without making everything black because the scenery was so dark. Drawing the facial features was also kind of hard. I wouldn't have any problem doing a project like this again because it is so easy to get into a groove and have tunnel vision where the only thing in the world is the picture. I guess in the end, Mr. Puffpaff can count it as a victory that I was actually upest when I realized my hand was accidently smudging my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment