Monday, May 13, 2013

Still Life

I liked this project once I started shading. It was hard to get the outline just the way that I wanted it though. I liked this piece just because we had a lot of time that we could spend on detail and by the end I had gotten a lot better at shading. I also found that it worked a lot better to use the same pencil day after day because it would get dull and shade better. It was very hard though to set the pieces up the right way everyday and make sure that the light was still hitting the right spots. If I did this again, I would make sure to have a piece of paper under my hand because I noticed halway through that my hand was smudging all of the shading that I had already done. The hardest part was trying to draw the depth of the picture and drawing things behind one another. I would try to change that, too. Overall, I found out that I don't absolutely hate shading quite as much as I thought that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment