Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hallway Drawing


This was actually a very fun project once I had an idea. I wanted it to be a bit subdued but still fun. I missed the mark a bit on the whole subdued thing. I would have been much happier with this if I hadn't made the floor so colorful. I attempted to mute the color a little by shading it with black but it didn't have much effect. What I truly needed for the foor was a wheat-like color. Live and learn, I suppose. My favorite part of this piece is the right wall. I had a lot of fun blending the colors even though parts of it ended up being a little cat-pukey. If I could change parts of this I would, as previously stated, change the floors. However, I would also tone down the bench and do more with the trophy case but I didn't have the time for that. The hardest part to this was getting the proportions right, especially with the doors. I wanted them to look uniform but sometimes they would turn out to wide or narrow. The hall divider was also fairly difficult. During this, I just really learned how to get a hand for figuring out proportions. There was no hard and fast method but eventually, you just develope an eye for what looks right (I'm not, however, saying that I have yet attained this!).

No comments:

Post a Comment